reasons i hate my bare face:
i have huge pores
i have oily skin. the oiliest. really
pimples. you'd think i'm still 15 or something. it's ridic.
throughout the day my face gets red and splotchy
i look tired
i look like a boy
my face looks so plain without my lashes made up
reasons i love make up:
it covers my pimples and blemishes
it's so much fun to play with
i have insane eyelashes when covered in mascara
i always love a red lipstick
smokey eye. yess
it boosts my confidence and i feel like i fit in the world (which i'm not called to do)
why do i need to do a fast?
i have been struggling with this for years. i don't think it's healthy to not like myself without make up on. it really breaks my heart.
i'm telling my Maker that what He created isn't good enough unless i cover myself up.
my husband prefers my naked face. i feel like i'm disrespecting him as well, every time i wear make up anyway.
i don't want my baby girls to grow up and think they need make up to feel pretty. i want to show them by my example that they are to love themselves just the way God made them. and they are beautiful exactly the way they are.
Psalm 139:13-16 (The Message) reads:
Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God - you're breathtaking!
Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration - what a creation!
You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life was spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.
this is so powerful to me! what a wonderful God! He created ME! He loves me, and i mean something to Him! not when i wear make up (not that He doesn't love me if i wear make up)
and not covered up to make myself feel good or be accepted in today's society.
why 40 days?
1. the blogger i got this from - Melissa Jenna (you can follow her at melissajenna.com) chose 40 days and i agree with her reasons so i'm also choosing 40 days.
Jesus fastest in the desert for 40 days and was being tempted by the devil.
i will do this fast for 40 days and be tempted by that same devil.
2. $$$ i am going to save so much money by not wearing make up!
3. even though you can find organic make up, it's really expensive. my life style is changing to organic because it's really good for me, and because it helps me feel better! my headaches aren't nearly as bad when i eat properly. the amount of crap that's in make up, jacks me up! there are hormones in everything i put on my face but i still do it to look pretty. when i type it all out i realize how stupid i am. why would i put hormones and toxins on my face, only to seep into my bloodstream?! oh, to look pretty. gotcha.
4. it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. i'm a bit slower to change so double that should be just right.
5. for respect to my husband. i want to do as he wishes. being submissive to him as God calls me to be. he thinks it's fake to have make up on and tells me he prefers no make up on me ever. he understands why i want to wear it and he says he loves the way i am so confident while wearing it, however, it's a false confidence. and i desire to be confident and thankful for the way God made me.
but mostly 1. and 5.
1 Peter 3:3-4a
what matters is not your outer appearance - the styling of your hair, the jewelry you wear, the cut of your clothes - but your inner disposition. Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. The holy women of old were beautiful before God that way, and were good, loyal wives to their husbands.
no make up, of course
i can still use face wash and my vitamin night cream
chapstick is allowed
am not allowed to avoid having my picture taken while on this fast
okay! so day 1 is complete.
it was way easy today. i had a root canal at 9am. i couldn't eat before the procedure and i turn into a monster the second i am hungry so i stayed in bed as long as i could.
got up, washed my face and out the door and in the car for the 1 hour drive to the dr. office
in and out within 45 minutes.
eat soup and lay down for hours.
no need for make up today! in the house all day and a happy husband seeing my bare face :)
we'll see how day 2-40 goes... eeek!